- Much more than an intro, you’ll build with the latest features in React, including hooks, effects, context, and portals. Learn to build real-world apps from the ground up using the latest tools in the React ecosystem, like Parcel, ESLint, Prettier, and Reach Router!
Editor's NotesFunctional programming is a set of tools such as map/reduce/filter, pure functions, and immutability. These tools are sure to make you a more effective developer through composing pure functions together to write more predictable and bug-free code.
- Take a deep-dive into the essential features of CSS, while also exploring CSS features you probably didn’t even know existed!
Editor's NotesYou’ll need to deploy your code to the outside world, and with that comes an entirely different set of skills. There are a lot of off the shelf deployment options, but knowing the basics of systems administration allows you to more effectively communicate with the server team and make better decisions about your code.
- You'll learn to move back and forth between UI and the back-end through the the command line, SSH, nginx, docker containers, server security, HTTP/2, HTTP/3 and more.
Editor's NotesTypeScript has become a standard in many professional developer environments. Having a fundamental understanding of TypeScript is going to help you have the tools neccessary to work in and evolve large code bases.
Editor's NotesThere are some optional courses around getting to know the your tools better, and getting better at design. Visual Studio Code is today’s most popular code editor for web developers. Chrome Dev Tools has a ton of features most developers aren’t using. Plus being able to design and use SVG are skills that can go beyond code and give you more autonomy over your work.
- Gain powerful command-line skills, learn to use Ubuntu, quit VIM, handle package management, and write your own shell scripts!
- Use queries and mutations to interact with GraphQL APIs on the client using Apollo Client and React hooks. You’ll understand variables and inputs to aliases on fields.
- Learn to create containers from scratch and with Dockerfiles, run containers from Dockerhub, and learn best practices for front-end and Node.js code in containers.
- Become self-sufficient for the entire process of execution from concept to design to implementation. You'll learn to execute the creation of complex and beautiful front-end experiences!
- Build and optimize SVG – the scalable graphics format for the web that can achieve impressively small filesizes for fast-loading websites!