- ⠇Learn to build real-world apps with modern React 18.x+. You'll use the latest React features to build a complete app for browsing adoptable pets.
Editor's NotesBeing able to measure and build performance websites is critical to being an effective professional developer. Not only will things load faster, but it also improves discoverability of your websites and web apps.
- ⠇Learn to improve your core web vitals metrics like first contentful paint (FCP), largest contentful paint (LCP), and cumulative layout shift (CLS) in this course.
Editor's NotesAn essential part of building websites is laying out the design of your website. Jen teaches you the different ways to lay out a webpage, and Flexbox and CSS Grid are the most modern ways to do this.
- ⠇Learn the essential CSS layout techniques for building responsive, beautiful websites. You'll use CSS Grid and Flexbox to build out real-world web layouts!
Editor's NotesYou’ll need to deploy your code to the outside world, and with that comes an entirely different set of skills. There are a lot of off the shelf deployment options, but knowing the basics of systems administration allows you to more effectively communicate with the server team and make better decisions about your code.
- ⠇Learn to move back and forth between UI and the back-end through the command line and full-stack developer course to become a well-rounded engineer.
Editor's NotesTypeScript has become a standard in many professional developer environments. Having a fundamental understanding of TypeScript is going to help you have the tools neccessary to work in and evolve large code bases.
Editor's NotesFunctional programming is a set of tools such as map/reduce/filter, pure functions, and immutability. These tools are sure to make you a more effective developer through composing pure functions together to write more predictable and bug-free code.
- ⠇Learn core functional programming course and code everything with pure functions, learning recursion, higher-order functions, closures, and function composition.
Editor's NotesThere are some optional courses around getting to know the your tools better, and getting better at design. Visual Studio Code is today’s most popular code editor for web developers. Chrome Dev Tools has a ton of features most developers aren’t using. Plus being able to design and use SVG are skills that can go beyond code and give you more autonomy over your work.
- ⠇Learn the Redux API from scratch, then learn to hook the Redux React application. You'll also learn how to extend Redux with various tools from its ecosystem.
- ⠇Next.js is a complete framework built on top of React.js. You'll learn server-side rendering, static site generation, data fetching, and code API endpoints
- ⠇Code a full blog web app in Gatsby. Use GraphQL in Gatsby for storing and retrieving data, creating pages and posts with MDX, and more!
- ⠇Become self-sufficient for the entire process from concept to design to implementation. Learn the creation & execution of complete front-end experiences!
- ⠇Learn how to build and optimize SVG – the scalable graphics format for the web that can achieve impressively small filesizes for fast-loading websites!
- ⠇Organize your front-end code, manage application state with state machines, and automate writing better code using tools like ESLint, Parcel, and Prettier.
- ⠇Design components with Figma, and then learn to code your components in React, and document them for your teams with Storybook.