- ⠇Learn to build real-world apps with modern React 18.x+. You'll use the latest React features to build a complete app for browsing adoptable pets.
Editor's NotesMeasuring and building high-performance websites is critical to being an effective professional developer. Not only will your content load faster, but it improves the discoverability of your websites and web apps.
- ⠇Learn to improve your core web vitals metrics like first contentful paint (FCP), largest contentful paint (LCP), and cumulative layout shift (CLS) in this course.
Editor's NotesAn essential part of building a website is laying out the design. Jen teaches you to implement modern design techniques using Flexbox and CSS Grid.
- ⠇Learn the essential CSS layout techniques for building responsive, beautiful websites. You'll use CSS Grid and Flexbox to build out real-world web layouts!
Editor's NotesEventually, you’ll need to deploy your code to the outside world, which requires an entirely different set of skills. There are many off-the-shelf deployment options, but knowing the basics of systems administration allows you to effectively communicate with the server team and make better decisions about your code.
- ⠇Learn what it means to become a full-stack engineer, and get hands-on with setting up your own server to build and deploy web applications from scratch!
Editor's NotesTypeScript has become a standard in many professional development environments. A fundamental understanding of TypeScript will give you the tools to work in and evolve large code bases.
Editor's NotesFunctional programming with tools like map/reduce/filter, pure functions, and immutability allows you to write more predictable and bug-free code.
- ⠇Learn core functional programming course and code everything with pure functions, learning recursion, higher-order functions, closures, and function composition.
Editor's NotesThe optional courses below will help you get to know your tools better and improve your design skills. Visual Studio Code is today’s most popular code editor for web developers. Chrome Dev Tools have a ton of features most developers aren’t using. Plus, designing and using SVG are skills that can go beyond code and give you more autonomy over your work.
- ⠇Learn the Redux API from scratch, then learn to hook the Redux React application. You'll also learn how to extend Redux with various tools from its ecosystem.
- ⠇Become self-sufficient for the entire process from concept to design to implementation. Learn the creation & execution of complete front-end experiences!
- ⠇Prepare for the recruiter prescreen questions, from the phone screen to real cultural and technical interview questions that companies use to screen candidates.
- ⠇Next.js is a complete full-stack framework built on top of React.js. Use Next.js to create basic blog websites up to full-blown, full-stack apps and APIs. Plus, learn new features like using the app router, server and client components, and server actions!
- ⠇Learn to code complex layouts with CSS Grid and Flexbox and tackle real-world exercises like styling buttons, audio players, hamburger menus, and lists.
- ⠇Learn modern CSS selectors like :is(), :where(), and :has() and discover new HTML elements and CSS Selectors that you might not know!
- ⠇Organize your front-end code, manage application state with state machines, and automate writing better code using tools like ESLint, Parcel, and Prettier.