Editor's NotesThe Introduction to Web Development course is meant to give you a perspective of the entire development industry. You’ll get a whirlwind tour of all the major pieces of building a website. If you’re completely new, you might want to check out our Bootcamp for beginners first.
- More than an introduction, in this course you’ll go from building your first website to having the foundation for becoming a professional web developer!
Editor's NotesAn essential part of building websites is laying out the design of your website. Jen teaches you the different ways to lay out a webpage, and Flexbox and CSS Grid are the most modern ways to do this.
- Master CSS Grid and Flexbox, the latest tools and tricks to layout beautiful, responsive web applications with less code.
- Audit and fix accessibility issues on any website! Learn keyboard accessibility, focus control & ARIA roles to make sites accessible to screen readers and those with disabilities.
Editor's NotesThere are a few optional courses below. First, it’s good to build inclusive websites that make your websites accessible to those with disabilities. Also, if you build your websites right with SEO, search engines will send visitors your way.
- Master built-in dev tools to step through your code with the debugger, audit web page performance, and remove “page jank” when a site isn’t keeping up.
- Learn to get search engines to represent your site in the best way possible! And learn Facebook and Twitter's advanced sharing features.