Learn Multi-Device Development
Image source: http://bradfrost.com/blog/post/this-is-the-web/
A website or web application can run on a wide range of computers, laptops, tablets and phones, as well as a handful of new devices (watches, thermostats, fridges, etc.). How you determine what devices you'll support and how you will develop to support those devices is called, "multi-device development strategy". Below, I list the most common multi-device development strategies.
- Build a responsive (RWD) web site/app for all devices.
- Build an adaptive/progressively enhanced web site/app for all devices.
- Build a website, web app, native app, or hybrid-native app for each individual device or a grouping of devices.
- Attempt to retrofit something you have already built using bits and parts from strategies 1, 2 or 3.
- A book Apart Pack - Responsive Web Design [read][$]
- A Book Apart Pack - Design For Any Device [read][$]
- Adaptive Web Design [read][$]
- Designing with Progressive Enhancement [read][$]
- Mobile Web Development [watch]
- Responsive HTML Email Design [watch][$]
- Responsive Images [watch]
- Responsive Typography [watch][$]
- Responsive Web Design [watch][$]
- Responsive Web Design Fundamentals [watch]