This workshop has already been published as a course!
Building Modern Single-Page Web Applications
By coding along with us in the Workshop, you'll:
- How to build an advanced single page application from scratch
- How to use React to dramatically simplify working with and updating the DOM
- How to use Ampersand Models/Collections to fetch and manage application state
- How to use WebPack and the React Hot-loader to speed up development
- The basics of how to do Isomorphic (server-rendered) client-side applications
- How to write ES6 and CommonJS modules
- How npm can give you super powers in front-end code
- One approach to isomorphic routing
- How to compose pages, views and subviews
- How to handle realtime updates
Your (Awesome) Instructor
Spend Two Full Days Immersed With a Leading Web App Master
Native Web Apps, (a.k.a single page apps, or clientside apps, are becoming incredibly popular.
But, as it turns out, building them in a clean, maintainable way is hard, especially as a team.
With more and more logic moving into browser land, we need to be more rigorous about structure in order to avoid creating an ugly code soup heavily flavored with technical debt. There are so many options, so many toolkits, so many abstractions!
Henrik will lead the class in building a modern, well-structured application from scratch by combining best-of breed approaches and a carefully curated set of tools including:
We've already held over 40 workshops holding thousands attendees in-person and online. In this time we've discovered ways to schedule the day so it goes smoothly and efficiently. Regardless if you're in-person or participating with us online you'll have the full ability to replay things you missed, get your questions answered LIVE and interact with the teacher throughout the day. How we'll spend June 25th & 26th: The class uses a very Node.js-inspired approach to front-end development. You'll be using modules installed with npm and composed for the browser with webpack. Henrik will teach &yet's MVC approaches by installing and using modules from Ampersand.js, which evolved out of Backbone.js. But ultimately, the entire purpose of the individual module approach is to retain flexibility to make decisions that match your team's goals and preferences.
Interact with the Instructor - Online & In-Person
Is This Workshop for Me?
One Full Day Workshop Session
Replay Videos (available immediately)
June 25, 2015 - 9:30am to 5:30pm Central US Time
Option 1: Attend online on our full HD live stream
Option 2: Attend in-person at HQ in Minneapolis, MN