This workshop has already been published as a course!
Introduction to Vue 3
By coding along with us in the Workshop, you'll:
- Learn why Vue is called the progressive framework
- Learn how to work with directives, and make your own custom directive
- Understand Vue's Reactivity with Proxies and using Watchers
- Learn how to create reusable components, with props, lifecycles, and slots
- Learn how to abstract functionality with the new Composition API
- Learn how to use the transition component for interaction and animations
Your (Awesome) Instructor
Spend A Full-Day Immersed in Vue with Sarah Drasner
We've already held over 150 workshops with thousands of attendees in-person and online. In this time we've discovered ways to schedule the day, so it goes smoothly and efficiently. Regardless if you're in-person or participating with us online you'll have the full ability to replay things you missed, get your questions answered LIVE and interact with the teacher throughout the day.
- 10:30AMTech Check and Hello
- 11:00AMIntro and why I'm so excited about Vue as a framework, Getting Started
- 11:30AMDirectives, Rendering, Conditionals
- 12:00PMMethods, Computed,
- 12:30PMWatchers, Reactivity
- 1:30PMComponents, Slots
- 2:00PMLunch and Hacking
- 3:00PMVue CLI, and Nuxt
- 4:00PMComposition API and Custom Directives
- 4:30PMCentralized data store with Vuex
- 5:00PMFurther resources and wrap-up
Interact with the Instructor
Is This Workshop for Me?
If you're coming from other frameworks and are curious why people keep talking about Vue, or are interested in supercharging your workflow building out complex web applications with fewer bugs and more maintainable code, this course is for you.
One Full Day Workshop Session
Replay Videos (available immediately)
September 23, 2020 - 10:30am to 5:30pm Central US Time
Attend online on our full HD live stream