This workshop has already been published as a course!
Visual Studio Code Can Do That?
By participating along with us in the workshop, you'll learn:
- Learn how to customize VS Code so that it's distinctly yours.
- Become a keyboard maistro with VS Code keyboard shortcuts and editing features.
- Explore ways to refactor your code at top speed.
- Pick up how you can build, debug, inspect and deploy Docker containers.
- See how to do almost anything in Github without leaving the editor.
- Learn to collaborate by sharing your local development environment with anyone.
Your (Awesome) Instructor
Spend A Full Day Immersed in Visual Studio Code with Burke Holland
Dive into VS Code and explore some of the neat tricks and powerful extensions that you can use to improve your speed and productivity while learning to work smarter; not harder. We'll examine the editor from top to bottom, covering editor fundamentals, tips and tricks, as well as how to turn VS Code into a full fledged integrated development environment. VS Code can do that!
We've already held over 300 workshops with thousands of attendees in-person and online. In this time we've discovered ways to schedule the day, so it goes smoothly and efficiently. Regardless if you're in-person or participating with us online you'll have the full ability to replay things you missed, get your questions answered LIVE and interact with the teacher throughout the day.
- 9:30AMCustomizing The Editor
- 10:00AMProductivity Tricks
- 10:30AMCode navigation and refactoring
- 2:00PMRemote Development
- 3:00PMWorking with Data
- 3:30PMGit - Source Control
- 4:30PMLive Share
Interact with the Instructor - Online & In-Person
Is This Workshop for Me?
This workshop is for everyone - those who are just gettings started with VS Code as well as those who are well versed in their editor, but want to take things up a notch.
- You should have a basic understanding of Node concepts.
- You should have a basic understanding of Github.
- Docker installed
- Node installed
Free for EVERYONE
One Full Day Workshop Session
Replay Videos (available immediately)
August 13, 2019 - 9:30am to 5:30pm Central Daylight Time
Option 1: Attend online on our full HD live stream
Option 2: Attend in-person at HQ in Minneapolis, MN