This workshop has already been published as a course!
By coding along with us in the Workshop, you'll:
- Ackshually learning to not exit Vim
- Being significantly cooler than other coders because you are officially hacker level
- Spending more time customizing your editor
- Having sufficient knowledge of vim movements to edit text at rates in which you thought not possible
- Coconut Oil
Your (Awesome) Instructor
Spend A Full Day Immersed in VIM Fundamentals with ThePrimeagen
Have you ever accidentally opened vim? The first time is disorienting and confusing, and what is more perplexing is that people intentionally do it every day. This workshop will demystify VIM and allow you to be more effective.
We've already held over 300 workshops with thousands of attendees in-person and online. In this time we've discovered ways to schedule the day, so it goes smoothly and efficiently. Regardless if you're in-person or participating with us online you'll have the full ability to replay things you missed, get your questions answered LIVE and interact with the teacher throughout the day.
- 9:30AMIntroduction - Vim, Developing, and who am I
- 9:45AMBasic Movements
- 10:45AMVim looks and feels ugly how do I fix that?
- 11:15AMYour First VimRC
- 11:45AMBasics of the help menu
- 1:00PMFiles, windows, buffers, and navigation
- 2:00PMMake VIM more friendly
- 3:00PMCustomizing Vim
Interact with the Instructor
Is This Workshop for Me?
I remember when I was younger seeing someone who flew so fast while developing that I felt embarrassed about my skills and a deep desire to be that good. This course is for anyone who has been in the same situation and to give you the tools to be on the other side.
- Unix system. I have virtually no experience on Windows. So windows environment issues I will be unable to help you
- Rejection of complacency
- A desire to improve as a developer
One Full Day Workshop Session
Replay Videos (available immediately)
February 25, 2021 - 9:30am to 5:30pm Central Standard Time
Attend online on our full HD live stream