RSVP to Attend Online
Join in Person
You're Registered to Attend Online!
This Workshop's Online Chatroom is Currently Open!
This workshop has ended. Check back soon for the recording!
You can watch a replay of this workshop!
TypeScript 5+ Fundamentals, v4
By participating along with us in the workshop, you'll learn:
- Create a rock-solid mental model for how TypeScript "thinks" about your code, and use that knowledge to be maximally productive with minimal effort
- Solve hands-on challenges, designed to take you straight to the core ideas and aha! moments that unlock a true understanding of this language
- Learn how to avoid 3 common temptations that can erode the type safety of your codebase
- Practice using a decision-making framework for which language feature to use and when (e.g., interface vs. abstract class? constants vs. enums?)
- Inoculate yourself against TS configuration madness, by focusing on the 8 options that matter most
Your (Awesome) Instructor
Spend A Full Day Immersed in TypeScript with Mike North
In this advanced workshop, we'll start from "hello world" and incrementally build up an in-depth understanding of how TypeScript understands your code. Then, we'll put your new mental model to work, by getting hands-on experience using interfaces, classes, generics and more!
We've already held over 300 workshops with thousands of attendees in-person and online. In this time we've discovered ways to schedule the day, so it goes smoothly and efficiently. Regardless if you're in-person or participating with us online you'll have the full ability to replay things you missed, get your questions answered LIVE and interact with the teacher throughout the day.
- 9:10AMThe TypeScript CLI and configuration
- 9:30AMVariables, enums, objects, arrays and tuples
- 10:00AMUnion and intersection types
- 10:45AMType aliases and interfaces
- 11:15AMFunction types and overload signatures
- 11:45AMPostfix operators (?!) and type casting
- 1:15PMClasses and object-oriented programming patterns
- 1:45PMThe concept of "narrowing"
- 2:00PMExtreme types (any, unknown, never) and type guards
- 2:45PMGenerics and type params
- 3:15PMHacking with generics
- 4:00PMConditional types and `infer`
- 4:30PMUtility types (Record, Pick, Partial, Extract, Required)
- 5:00PMWrap up and recap
Interact with the Instructor - Online & In-Person
Is This Workshop for Me?
One Full Day Workshop Session
Replay Videos (available immediately)
October 23, 2023 - 9:30am to 5:30pm Central Daylight Time
Option 1: Attend online on our full HD live stream
Option 2: Attend in-person at HQ in Minneapolis, MN