RSVP to Attend Online
You're Registered to Attend Online!
This Workshop's Online Chatroom is Currently Open!
This workshop has ended. Check back soon for the recording!
You can watch a replay of this workshop!
TypeScript Fundamentals, v3
By coding along with us in the Workshop, you'll:
- Create a rock-solid mental model for how TypeScript "thinks" about your code, and use that knowledge to be maximally productive with minimal effort
- Solve hands-on challenges, designed to take you straight to the core ideas and aha! moments that unlock a true understanding of this language
- Learn how to avoid 3 common temptations that can erode the type safety of your codebase
- Practice using a decision-making framework for which language feature to use and when (e.g., interface vs. abstract class? constants vs. enums?)
- Inoculate yourself against TS configuration madness, by focusing on the 8 options that matter most
Your (Awesome) Instructor
Spend A Full Day Immersed in TypeScript with Mike North
In this advanced workshop, we'll start from "hello world" and incrementally build up an in-depth understanding of how TypeScript understands your code. Then, we'll put your new mental model to work, by getting hands-on experience using interfaces, classes, generics and more!
We've already held over 300 workshops with thousands of attendees in-person and online. In this time we've discovered ways to schedule the day, so it goes smoothly and efficiently. Regardless if you're in-person or participating with us online you'll have the full ability to replay things you missed, get your questions answered LIVE and interact with the teacher throughout the day.
- 9:10AMThe TypeScript CLI and configuration
- 9:30AMVariables, enums, objects, arrays and tuples
- 10:00AMUnion and intersection types
- 10:45AMType aliases and interfaces
- 11:15AMFunction types and overload signatures
- 11:45AMPostfix operators (?!) and type casting
- 1:15PMClasses and object-oriented programming patterns
- 1:45PMThe concept of "narrowing"
- 2:00PMExtreme types (any, unknown, never) and type guards
- 2:45PMGenerics and type params
- 3:15PMHacking with generics
- 4:00PMConditional types and `infer`
- 4:30PMUtility types (Record, Pick, Partial, Extract, Required)
- 5:00PMWrap up and recap
Interact with the Instructor
Is This Workshop for Me?
One Full Day Workshop Session
Replay Videos (available immediately)
June 8, 2021 - 9:00am to 4:00pm Pacific Daylight Time
Attend online on our full HD live stream