This workshop has already been published as a course!
TypeScript 3 Fundamentals, v2
By coding along with us in the Workshop, you'll:
- Understand how TypeScript looks at your code, and use that knowledge to be maximally descriptive and type-safe, with minimal effort
- Get the most out of a modern VSCode + TypeScript development environment
- Work with advanced concepts like conditional and mapped types, and methodically debug any mistakes you may encounter
Your (Awesome) Instructor
Spend a Full Day Immersed in TypeScript with Mike North
TypeScript is exploding in popularity, as more and more developers realize how improved error checking and in-editor documentation supercharges their workflow. In this advanced workshop, we'll build up an understanding of how TypeScript looks at your code, and use that as a foundation to discuss what's possible with classes, interfaces, and more.
TypeScript isn't just a great programming language, it's an amazing tool for analyzing code in general. We'll take a look at the TypeScript compiler API, and use it to build a simple documentation tool, based on the same information you see in Visual Studio Code tooltips!
We've already held over 150 workshops with thousands of attendees in-person and online. In this time we've discovered ways to schedule the day, so it goes smoothly and efficiently. Regardless if you're in-person or participating with us online you'll have the full ability to replay things you missed, get your questions answered LIVE and interact with the teacher throughout the day.
- 10:00AMVariables and Functions
- 11:00AMClasses and Interfaces
- 11:30AMSetting yourself up for type safety
- 12:00PMAmbient Types
- 2:00PMAdvanced Types
- 3:00PMThe way TypeScript reads your code
- 4:00PMWorking with the TS Compiler API
Interact with the Instructor - Online & In-Person
Is This Workshop for Me?
One Full Day Workshop Session
Replay Videos (available immediately)
March 5, 2019 - 9:30am to 5:30pm Central US Time
Option 1: Attend online on our full HD live stream
Option 2: Attend in-person at HQ in Minneapolis, MN