This workshop has already been published as a course!
Testing React Applications
By coding along with us in the Workshop, you'll:
- Learn the fundamentals of what a test is and what role testing frameworks play
- Configure Jest for a client-side React project
- Learn what Code Coverage is and how to properly use that metric
- Learn what snapshot testing is and how to use it effectively
- Write integration tests for a React application
- Configure Cypress for a web application
- Write E2E (end-to-end) tests with Cypress
Your (Awesome) Instructor
Developing and deploying production applications is not super hard. But being confident that you’re not shipping a hidden bug is hard. Knowing how to configure and use testing tools is critical to your success in shipping with confidence.
We've already held over 300 workshops with thousands of attendees in-person and online. In this time we've discovered ways to schedule the day, so it goes smoothly and efficiently. Regardless if you're in-person or participating with us online you'll have the full ability to replay things you missed, get your questions answered LIVE and interact with the teacher throughout the day.
- 10:00AMThe fundamentals of automated testing and testing frameworks
- 10:30AMIntroduction to Jest, its assertions, and code coverage
- 1:00PMWriting unit tests for simple React components
- 1:30PMUsing snapshot testing effectively
- 2:00PMWriting advanced unit tests for interactive React components
- 2:45PMWriting integration tests for React applications with react-router
- 3:30PMIntroduction to Cypress and its assertions
- 4:00PMWriting basic E2E (end-to-end) tests
- 5:00PMWrap up
Interact with the Instructor - Online & In-Person
Is This Workshop for Me?
Developers who want to increase their confidence in shipping React applications to production.
- Some basic familiarity with the command line
- Some experience with testing React apps and web applications in general would help but is not at all required
One Full Day Workshop Session
Replay Videos (available immediately)
April 19, 2018 - 9:30am to 5:30pm Central Daylight Time
Option 1: Attend online on our full HD live stream
Option 2: Attend in-person at HQ in Minneapolis, MN