This workshop has already been published as a course!
Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) In-Depth
By participating along with us in the workshop, you'll learn:
- Learn the basic features and capabilities of SVG, and the tricky parts of working with it
- Discover how to use SVG with and in HTML and CSS
- Get hands-on experience on hand-authoring (or adapting) an SVG
- Generate and manipulate SVG with script, including interactivity and animation
- Compare and contrast SVG with the Canvas API, and when to use each
- Understand how to make accessible data visualizations with SVG
Spend a Full Day Immersed With a Leading SVG Master
SVG is now supported on every modern browser and mobile device, and usage is on the upswing, but most people only use it for icons or data visualizations. Most developers and designers don't realize how much more powerful and useful SVG is. From scalable images to full-bore web applications, SVG fits many needs. Come join Doug Schepers to learn SVG in-depth, and add a valuable tool to your web toolkit.
- 8:30AMTech Check and Welcome
- 9:00AMIntro to Why SVG Is Awesome
- 9:30AMHands-on SVG Basics
- 10:30AMSVG practice
- 11:00AMSVG Scripting, Interactivity, and Animation
- 11:30AMSVG Hacking
- 12:00PMLunch and Hacking
- 1:00PMMaking an online drawing tool with SVG
- 2:30PMSVG tools, script libraries, and Canvas comparison
- 3:00PMSVG smorgasbord
- 4:00PMFuture of SVG, Further Reading, and Wrap-up
Interact with the Instructor - Online & In-Person
Is This Workshop for Me?
This workshop is for you if you've never used SVG before, only used SVG in simple cases or through script libraries, or if you started learning it but want to avoid the pitfalls in taking your knowledge to the next level. Web developers and code-savvy designers will take away valuable, pragmatic skills in working with SVG. You'll get the most out of it if you know how to do simple scripting.
One Full Day Workshop Session
Replay Videos (available immediately)
January 30, 2015 - 9:30am to 5:30pm Central Standard Time
Option 1: Attend online on our full HD live stream
Option 2: Attend in-person at HQ in Minneapolis, MN