This workshop has already been published as a course!
Introduction to Serverless Functions
By coding along with us in the Workshop, you'll:
- Learn what serverless functions actually are
- Protect private keys when making asynchronous requests in apps
- Process user input like form entries and other interactions
- Add user authentication without a full-blown server
Your (Awesome) Instructor
Spend A Full Day Immersed in Serverless Functions with Jason Lengstorf
You can build highly interactive, dynamic web experiences without the hassle of setting up or maintaining servers! In this course, Jason Lengstorf will teach you how serverless functions enable powerful workflows to accomplish a wide variety of web-based interactions. Whether you’re securely loading data, processing form entries, handling user access, or doing something totally off the wall, serverless functions let you skip the boilerplate and get straight to building your app’s logic.
We've already held over 300 workshops with thousands of attendees in-person and online. In this time we've discovered ways to schedule the day, so it goes smoothly and efficiently. Regardless if you're in-person or participating with us online you'll have the full ability to replay things you missed, get your questions answered LIVE and interact with the teacher throughout the day.
- 9:30AMWhat does serverless mean, anyways?
- 9:50AMLoading data from serverless functions
- 10:50AMLoad data securely from third-party APIs
- 1:00PMSend data to a serverless function
- 2:30PMSave data sent to a serverless function
- 3:00PMLimit access to serverless functions with user authentication
- 4:00PMWrap Up, Q&A
Interact with the Instructor
Is This Workshop for Me?
- Some HTML knowledge
- Familiarity with using npm
- Some familiarity with the command line
One Full Day Workshop Session
Replay Videos (available immediately)
July 22, 2020 - 9:30am to 5:30pm Central Daylight Time
Attend online on our full HD live stream