By coding along with us in the Workshop, you'll:
- Learn about some of the common CSS pitfalls that motivated the Preprocessor Revolution
- Get hands on with options you can use from the command line, and in a node build tool to transform Sass files to CSS
- Build a shell script that transforms a Scss file into two CSS files: one that's human-friendly for a development environment, and one that's smaller for a production environment
- Look at the pitfalls of the CSS @import at-rule, and how Sass provides similar capabilities while addressing some common problems
- Use Sassscript variables & operators to store and re-use values to reduce redundancy and improve consistency and maintainability throughout your styles
- Expressively manipulate colors, numbers, lists, maps and more using Sass built-in functions
- And much more!