RSVP to Attend Online
Join in Person
You're Registered to Attend Online!
This Workshop's Online Chatroom is Currently Open!
This workshop has ended. Check back soon for the recording!
You can watch a replay of this workshop!
By participating along with us in the workshop, you'll learn:
- Improve your site performance – Remix is already ridiculously fast, and it gives you a simple API into HTTP cache headers to make it even quicker. It also gives you an excellent API for preloading/prefetching resources.
- Write dead simple mutations – form works great with Remix. No wiring up useEffects, onSubmits, useReducers or whatever. Remix will do all that for you.
- Take advantage of nested routing – Nested routing enables Remix to optimize the data you request. Each route you define can focus exclusively on itself, eliminating the boilerplate you need with other frameworks.
- Completely eliminate pending states – Look. It's important to show your users that something's going on, and some of these things take time. But what if we could cheat a little bit? Yup, I'm talking about optimistic UI.
- Handle errors – Unfortunately, we can't get our data immediately, and it isn't always error-free. But when you use Remix, your React components feel synchronous and error-free.
Your (Awesome) Instructor
Spend A Full Day Immersed in Remix with Kent C Dodds
Building modern web applications is riddled with complexity. Are you tired of wiring up onSubmit to back-end APIs and making sure your client-side cache stays up-to-date? Wouldn't it be cool to be able to use the global nature of CSS to your benefit rather than find tools or conventions to avoid or work around it? And how would you like nested layouts with intelligent and performance-optimized data management that just works™?
Remix solves some of these problems and eliminates the rest. You don't even think about server cache management or global CSS namespace clashes. It's not that Remix has APIs to avoid these problems; they simply don't exist when you're using Remix. You don't need that huge complex graphql client when you're using Remix. They've got you covered. Ready to build faster apps faster?
We've already held over 300 workshops with thousands of attendees in-person and online. In this time we've discovered ways to schedule the day, so it goes smoothly and efficiently. Regardless if you're in-person or participating with us online you'll have the full ability to replay things you missed, get your questions answered LIVE and interact with the teacher throughout the day.
- 9:40AMNested routing
- 10:00AMData loading and mutations
- 1:00PMError Handling
- 2:00PMOptimistic UI
- 4:00PMSEO optimization
Interact with the Instructor - Online & In-Person
Is This Workshop for Me?
One Full Day Workshop Session
Replay Videos (available immediately)
August 2, 2022 - 9:30am to 5:30pm Central Daylight Time
Option 1: Attend online on our full HD live stream
Option 2: Attend in-person at HQ in Minneapolis, MN