This workshop has already been published as a course!
Complete Intro to Realtime
By participating along with us in the workshop, you'll learn:
- Learn what is realtime and when you'd want to use these techniques
- Get familiar with the most basic realtime technique, long-polling.
- Step up your realtime game with writing socket connections by hand
- Prepare to write real-word, realtime apps with production-grade abstractions with SignalR and SocketIO
Your (Awesome) Instructor
Come learn how to make realtime apps with Brian Holt. In his signature teaching style Brian breaks down concepts to the most basic level and then builds easier-to-use, better abstractions upon the first concepts. In this course you will learn to poll end points, open web sockets by hand, and finally some great web socket abstractions with SocketIO and SignalR. Building apps where the client and server talk in realtime can be a difficult task but with the Complete Intro to Realtime you'll be equipped to do it!
We've already held over 300 workshops with thousands of attendees in-person and online. In this time we've discovered ways to schedule the day, so it goes smoothly and efficiently. Regardless if you're in-person or participating with us online you'll have the full ability to replay things you missed, get your questions answered LIVE and interact with the teacher throughout the day.
- 10:00AMLong-Polling Backends
- 10:30AMLong-Polling Frontends
- 11:30AMBackoff and Retry
- 1:00PMWriting Websockets by Hand
- 2:00PMWebsockets with SocketIO
Interact with the Instructor
Is This Workshop for Me?
- Cursory familiarity with Node.js
- Installations of git, Node.js v12+, npm, a code editor, and a modern browser
One Full Day Workshop Session
Replay Videos (available immediately)
August 20, 2021 - 9:30am to 5:30pm Central Daylight Time
Attend online on our full HD live stream