By coding along with us in the Workshop, you'll:
- Learn how to audit a web application for "Progressive Web Fitness" with Lighthouse, and to measure important performance metrics like "time to first load" and "time to interactive"
- Take a "classic" client-side-rendered single-page app, and make it work offline, without changing a single line of the app's code
- Get hands-on experience with IndexedDb, a worker-friendly nosql database that's built in to most browsers
- Build an example of the App-Shell architecture, where large portions of the UI load almost instantly
- Walk through a proper HTTP/2 server-side rendering setup, by putting nginx in front of node.js
- Learn how to apply Rollup and Prepack to your code, to shrink your production bundles down as much as possible