Production TypeScript, v2
RSVP to Attend Online
Join in Person
You're Registered to Attend Online!
This Workshop's Online Chatroom is Currently Open!
This workshop has ended. Check back soon for the recording!
You can watch a replay of this workshop!
Production TypeScript, v2
Some Key Takeaways!
By participating along with us in the workshop, you'll learn:
- Learn Mike's 4 tricks to setting up a simple and effective TS project structure
- Get up-close and personal with two types of regressions that TypeScript projects often suffer from
- Defend your codebase with tests for pure type information
- Learn how to write TypeScript code that will stand the test of time (and compiler versions)
Your (Awesome) Instructor
Spend A Full Day Immersed in Production TypeScript with Mike North
This hands-on workship is designed to take developers from "I can write a little TypeScript" to "I'm ready to use it at work, with confidence". Mike will go beyond the basics of the language and use a meaningful project to teach the lessons learned he's from years of production experience. Those who have completed this workshops should feel ready to create a library or app, knowing that they're building, testing, coding and maintaing it the same way a deep expert would.
We've already held over 300 workshops with thousands of attendees in-person and online. In this time we've discovered ways to schedule the day, so it goes smoothly and efficiently. Regardless if you're in-person or participating with us online you'll have the full ability to replay things you missed, get your questions answered LIVE and interact with the teacher throughout the day.
- 9:30AMIntroduction & tour of example app
- 9:45AMOverview of recent TS features (from 3.7 through 4.1)
- 10:15AMData models & system design planning
- 10:45AMState-of-the-art tools, dev environment and project structure
- 11:15AMDeclaration files, ambient types
- 1:00PMWriting effective tests for type information
- 1:30PMDeprecations, internal APIs and beta testing
- 2:00PMData layer: safe and convenient types for API responses
- 2:15PMDebugging and fixing problems w/ types
- 3:00PMAfternoon break
- 3:15PMReusable utility types
- 3:45PMEncapsulation for complexity containment
- 4:15PMHigher-order types
- 4:45PMShielding our project from upstream regressions in dependencies
- 5:00PMWrap-up and recap
Interact with the Instructor - Online & In-Person
Is This Workshop for Me?
This course is intended for those who already know the basics of the TypeScript programming language, and are interested in learning more about real-world usage in a non-trivial scenario from a veteran engineer.
- Experience and familiarty working with modern JS concepts like Promises, Classes and async/await
- Basic React components (we'll be using some simple ones)
- Mike's "TypeScript 3 Fundamentals v2" course or equivalent experience working with TS
One Full Day Workshop Session
Replay Videos (available immediately)
October 20, 2023 - 9:30am to 5:30pm Central Daylight Time
Option 1: Attend online on our full HD live stream
Option 2: Attend in-person at HQ in Minneapolis, MN