This workshop has already been published as a course!
A Practical Guide to Python
By participating along with us in the workshop, you'll learn:
- Dive straight into learning Python for maximum productivity.
- Learn about Python syntax, libraries, and best practices.
- Use functions, object-oriented Python, and modules to structure your code.
- Learn to overcome common stumbling blocks.
- Finish the course with a fully-functioning web application, complete with unit tests.
Your (Awesome) Instructor
Spend A Full Day Immersed in Python with Nina Zakharenko
Practical Python leverages your experience as a coder to quickly get you up to speed with writing effective Python. In this single-day training, we'll cover everything you need to know to write and read Python programs. This hands-on workshop will give you a deeper understanding of how Python works instead of just memorizing syntax.
We've already held over 300 workshops with thousands of attendees in-person and online. In this time we've discovered ways to schedule the day, so it goes smoothly and efficiently. Regardless if you're in-person or participating with us online you'll have the full ability to replay things you missed, get your questions answered LIVE and interact with the teacher throughout the day.
- 9:30AMIntroduction, prerequisite check, learn about what makes Python special
- 9:45AMGet comfortable in the Python REPL by working with foundational types like numbers, strings, and lists
- 10:30AMIntroduction to working with complex types like sets, tuples, and dictionaries
- 11:30AMStructure your code with functions, loops, and logic
- 1:00PMSlicing, list comprehensions, and working with files
- 1:30PMObject-oriented Python
- 2:30PMLibraries and modules
- 3:00PMWeb frameworks, databases, writing tests
- 4:30PMWrap up and Q&A
Interact with the Instructor
Is This Workshop for Me?
This hands-on workshop is for anyone who's already comfortable coding, but wants to get up to speed in Python for maximum productivity.
- Command line experience in any operating system.
- Coding experience in any language, as well as an understanding of concepts like like types, functions, and loops.
- Understanding of the basics behind working with APIs -- requests, responses, and HTTP status codes.
- Please install Python 3.9, Visual Studio Code, and the Python Extension for Visual Studio Code before class.
One Full Day Workshop Session
Replay Videos (available immediately)
October 30, 2020 - 10:30am to 5:00pm Central Daylight Time
Attend online on our full HD live stream