By coding along with us in the Workshop, you'll:
- SEO basics, including content quality, page rank, positive and negative metrics
- Empower search engines to index and represent your content in the best way possible
- Make optimizations that give web crawlers important hints as to how your URLs relate to each other
- Employ server-side rendering and a combination of OpenGraph and Twitter Card metadata provide a great social sharing experience
- Generate thumbnails using a library called ImageMagick to create all the sizes we need on the fly, and learn some tips and tricks to make sure our cropping and resizing will turn out beautifully.
- Go beyond simple link sharing, and explore the OEmbed standard, whereby our apps can instruct consumers as to how our rich web content should be represented on their sites