RSVP to Attend Online
Join in Person
You're Registered to Attend Online!
This Workshop's Online Chatroom is Currently Open!
This workshop has ended. Check back soon for the recording!
You can watch a replay of this workshop!
Engineering Management 102
Learn practical hiring, onboarding, and team building skills for becoming a more effective Engineering Manager.
By participating along with us in the workshop, you'll learn:
- Understand the motivations of why you want to be a manager
- Understand your leadership style
- Understand the role of an engineering manager
- Learn key strategies to onboard ramp effectively as a new manager
- Learn the how and why of hiring and why it's the most important thing you do
- Learn the importance of effective relationships with your customers and partners
- Learn the skills necessary to build a high-performing team
Your (Awesome) Instructor
Spend A Full Day Learning to be a Better Engineering Manager with Ryan Burgess
As an aspiring manager, it's essential to understand your motivations for management, recognize your leadership style, and comprehend the role of an engineering manager. In this course, you will master effective onboarding strategies, understand the importance and process of hiring, learn to foster strong relationships, and acquire the skills to build and lead a high-performing team.
We've already held over 300 workshops with thousands of attendees in-person and online. In this time we've discovered ways to schedule the day, so it goes smoothly and efficiently. Regardless if you're in-person or participating with us online you'll have the full ability to replay things you missed, get your questions answered LIVE and interact with the teacher throughout the day.
- 10:00AMSetting Your Team Up for Success
- 11:00AMHiring and Recruiting
- 11:30AMBuilding Strong Partnerships
- 12:00PMBuilding a High-Performing Team
- 1:00PMCreating Physiological Safety
- 2:00PMGiving and Receiving Feedback
- 3:00PMScaling Yourself
Interact with the Instructor - Online & In-Person
Is This Workshop for Me?
This course is for software engineers or current engineering mangagers looking to gain practical management skills and build stronger, higher-performing teams.
One Full Day Workshop Session
Replay Videos (available immediately)
November 10, 2023 - 9:30am to 5:30pm Central Standard Time
Option 1: Attend online on our full HD live stream
Option 2: Attend in-person at HQ in Minneapolis, MN