This workshop has already been published as a course!
By coding along with us in the Workshop, you'll:
- Build a rock-solid mental model of monorepos, including when to use them
- Get hands-on with a wide variety popular monorepo tools like yarn workspaces and lerna
- Learn how to conquer the most common monorepo pitfalls
- Build and publish your own collection of small libraries, that even version themselves!
- Master Mike's TypeScript-specific monorepo tips that allow this popular language to work seamlessly
Your (Awesome) Instructor
We've already held over 300 workshops with thousands of attendees in-person and online. In this time we've discovered ways to schedule the day, so it goes smoothly and efficiently. Regardless if you're in-person or participating with us online you'll have the full ability to replay things you missed, get your questions answered LIVE and interact with the teacher throughout the day.
- 9:45AMWhen to reach for monorepos
- 10:15AMAlternative project structures
- 10:30AMDependency resolution: how require.resolve works
- 11:00AMyarn and lerna
- 11:30AMEasy and consistent build scripts with Scripty
- 1:00PMrush, bolt, pnpm and others
- 1:30PMversioning and cutting releases
- 2:00PMSplitting projects into packages, without going too far
- 2:45PMTypeScript-specific considerations
- 3:15PMprojects that version, document and release themselves!
- 3:45PMpitfalls to watch out for
- 4:15PMWrap-up and recap
Interact with the Instructor
Is This Workshop for Me?
This workshop is targeted at developers who are either contributors or maintainers of libraries, large applications, or full-stack apps where one git repository contains both client and server-side code.
- Familiarity with typical JS tools like yarn and npm
- Experience working with basic shell scripts
- Rudamentary experience with TypeScript (i.e., knowing what an interface is)
- Attendees should have npmjs.com and github.com accounts (both of which are free)
One Full Day Workshop Session
Replay Videos (available immediately)
October 15, 2020 - 9:30am to 5:30pm Central Daylight Time
Attend online on our full HD live stream