This workshop has already been published as a course!
By coding along with us in the Workshop, you'll:
- Learn how to setup your testing environment on client and server
- Learn several strategies for testing including TDD and unit testing
- Learn how to fix code with tests and avoid regressions in your future code
- Learn hands-on tactics and tips that will put in practice your ability to test
We've already held over 300 workshops with thousands of attendees in-person and online. In this time we've discovered ways to schedule the day, so it goes smoothly and efficiently. Regardless if you're in-person or participating with us online you'll have the full ability to replay things you missed, get your questions answered LIVE and interact with the teacher throughout the day.
- 8:30AMTech Check and Hello
- 9:00AMIntro: Background, Goals, First Steps
- 9:30AMExercise: Simple Tests, Simple Test Runner
- 10:30AMDiscussion: Types of Tests
- 11:00AMExercise: Node.JS Web Service, Integration & Unit Tests
- 12:00PMLunch & Hacking
- 1:00PMDiscussion: Browser Testing
- 1:30PMExercise: Rich Client App + Server Side: Full Stack Testing
- 2:30PMDiscussion: Testing Tactics
- 3:00PMExercise: Characterization Tests & Working with Legacy Code
- 4:00PMQ&A, Additional Resources / Exercises
Interact with the Instructor - Online & In-Person
Is This Workshop for Me?
This workshop is for anyone wishing to learn more about the nuance of testing using techniques like test-driven development and different types of tests; attendees can expect to come away equipped to better make informed decisions about the type of testing strategy they should implement in their project teams.
- Have the following installed: Node.JS, Grunt-CLI (npm install -g grunt-cli), Lineman (npm install -g lineman)
One Full Day Workshop Session
Replay Videos (available immediately)
May 1, 2015 - 9:30am to 5:30pm Central Daylight Time
Option 1: Attend online on our full HD live stream
Option 2: Attend in-person at HQ in Minneapolis, MN