RSVP to Attend Online
Join in Person
You're Registered to Attend Online!
This Workshop's Online Chatroom is Currently Open!
This workshop has ended. Check back soon for the recording!
You can watch a replay of this workshop!
By participating along with us in the workshop, you'll learn:
- Conquer core concepts related to data types, objects, arrays, and functions
- Get cozy with JS syntax, including operators, variables, loops, and branching logic
- Befriend modern JS features such as arrow functions, destructuring, promises, and async/await
- Build a strong foundation to start learning advanced JS, functional programming, or frameworks like React
Your (Awesome) Instructor
We've already held over 300 workshops with thousands of attendees in-person and online. In this time we've discovered ways to schedule the day, so it goes smoothly and efficiently. Regardless if you're in-person or participating with us online you'll have the full ability to replay things you missed, get your questions answered LIVE and interact with the teacher throughout the day.
- 9:30AMDay 1 Intro & project overview
- 10:30AMWorking with the DOM (HTML)
- 11:00AMData Types
- 11:30AMOperators & Expressions
- 1:00PMWorking with Strings
- 1:30PMVariables & Statements
- 2:00PMWorking with Objects & Arrays
- 3:30PMDay 1 project review
- 4:00PMEnd of Day 1
- 9:30AMDay 2 Intro & project overview
- 10:00AMFunctions & Scope
- 11:00AMEvent Handlers
- 2:30PMMap & Filter
- 3:30PMDay 2 project review
- 4:00PMEnd of Day 2
- 9:30AMDay 3 Intro & project overview
- 10:00AMFetch, Promises, Async/Await
- 11:30AMDestructuring & spread syntax
- 1:00PMDebugging & error handling
- 2:00PMWorking with a code editor
- 2:30PMModules, import & export
- 3:00PMDay 3 project review
- 3:30PMCourse review & next steps
- 4:00PMEnd of Day 3
Interact with the Instructor - Online & In-Person
Is This Workshop for Me?
- We will assume participants are familiar with basic HTML and CSS, though these will be tangential to the course and folks who are unfamiliar are welcome and will still be able to follow along
- Participants will only need a laptop with a web browser (Firefox or Chrome recommended)
4 Full Day Workshop Sessions
Replay Videos (available immediately)
September 19 to 22, 2022 - 9:30am to 5:30pm Central Daylight Time
Option 1: Attend online on our full HD live stream
Option 2: Attend in-person at HQ in Minneapolis, MN