This workshop has already been published as a course!
By participating along with us in the workshop, you'll learn:
- Learn and practice basic programming fundamentals, like variables, conditionals, loops, and functions
- Trigger and respond to events for module-to-module communication
- Delegate behavior between objects
Starting from scratch and explaining the basics of programming (in a JS context), such as variables, loops, and functions. As the workshop goes on, we get deeper into JS specific material, such as strict mode. - Developer Tools - Operators - Values & Types - Variables - Conditionals - Loops - Functions - Strict Mode - Closure - 'this' - Prototypes The goal of the second half of the workshop is to understand basic patterns of organizing JS functionality based on a simple site/UX design. We'll cover the fundamentals of the module pattern, event-driven architecture, and object-based delegation. - jQuery: Events, CSS/DOM - Module Pattern - Singleton vs Factory - Events: PubSub, Observer - Prototypes - OLOO (Delegation)
Interact with the Instructor - Online & In-Person
Is This Workshop for Me?
- Basic computer skills are required
- You should have a text editor and a browser installed
- You should take this if you are beginning programming
One Full Day Workshop Session
Replay Videos (available immediately)
April 2, 2015 - 9:30am to 5:30pm Central Daylight Time
Option 1: Attend online on our full HD live stream
Option 2: Attend in-person at HQ in Minneapolis, MN