This workshop has already been published as a course!
By participating along with us in the workshop, you'll learn:
- Understand how to incorporate accessibility into your web development workflow.
- Debug your sites and applications for accessibility using the latest tools.
- Apply accessibility to React web applications with Gatsby, while learning how accessibility applies to other stacks.
- Learn the benefits of manual and automated testing to grow web accessibility superpowers!
- Integrate focus management into your web applications, gracefully handling keyboard and screen reader interactions.
- Practice announcing view changes with your code and keeping screen reader users up to date.
- Achieve wins with semantic markup, unobtrusive animation, and progressive enhancement.
Your (Awesome) Instructor
Spend A Full Day Immersed in Technical Web Accessibility with Marcy Sutton
We've already held over 300 workshops with thousands of attendees in-person and online. In this time we've discovered ways to schedule the day, so it goes smoothly and efficiently. Regardless if you're in-person or participating with us online you'll have the full ability to replay things you missed, get your questions answered LIVE and interact with the teacher throughout the day.
- 9:30AMIntroduction and overview
- 9:45AMInstall demos and tools
- 10:00AMWeb accessibility debugging
- 2:00PMAccessible components & unit tests
- 3:00PMAccessible pages, end-to-end
Interact with the Instructor - Online & In-Person
Is This Workshop for Me?
One Full Day Workshop Session
Replay Videos (available immediately)
July 30, 2019 - 9:30am to 5:30pm Central Daylight Time
Option 1: Attend online on our full HD live stream
Option 2: Attend in-person at HQ in Minneapolis, MN