This workshop has already been published as a course!
Introduction to Web Development
By participating along with us in the workshop, you'll learn:
- You will gain clarity on how websites work and how they’re loading from the magical Internet.
- You will understand the tools you need to begin writing code.
- You will get experience writing HTML, the primary language for putting content on a page.
- You will write CSS, a language designed to make your websites look tidy and aesthetically pleasing.
- You will get a quick lesson how to use your terminal to save your code with Git and use other tools to make you a better coder.
Your (Awesome) Instructor
Learn to write code and make your own website!
We've already held over 300 workshops with thousands of attendees in-person and online. In this time we've discovered ways to schedule the day, so it goes smoothly and efficiently. Regardless if you're in-person or participating with us online you'll have the full ability to replay things you missed, get your questions answered LIVE and interact with the teacher throughout the day.
- 10:00AMOverview and Tools You'll Need
- 5:00PMWrapping Up
- 11:00AMRecap Project
- 1:00PMContinue Project
- 2:30PMThe Command Line, Git, and GitHub
- 3:30PMServers and Node.js
Interact with the Instructor - Online & In-Person
Is This Workshop for Me?
This workshop is for everyone. The only basic need is that you have a basic understanding of a computer, how to browse the Internet, and a desire to learn!
- How to use a browser
- How to use a computer
Free for EVERYONE
2 Full Day Workshop Sessions
Replay Videos (available immediately)
May 15 to 16, 2018 - 9:30am to 5:30pm Central Daylight Time
Option 1: Attend online on our full HD live stream
Option 2: Attend in-person at HQ in Minneapolis, MN