This workshop has already been published as a course!
Introduction to MongoDB
By coding along with us in the Workshop, you'll:
- Learn the difference between MongoDB and SQL databases like MySQL and Psql.
- Learn how to install MongoDB locally and use the Mongo Shell to perform operations.
- Learn how to install, connect, and perform operations with MongoDB within a Node js app.
- Design schemas with Mongoose and MongoDB to solve data modeling problems.
- Learn how to perform operations against MongoDB using Mongoose in Node.js.
- Learn how to write tests for models and the patterns to follow with MongoDB.
- Learn how to deploy applications that use MongoDB.
Your (Awesome) Instructor
MongoDB is a leading NoSQL database used by teams that require flexibility and performance. MongoDB is open source and has many options for cloud hosting. Learn the core concepts of MongoDB needed to build production-ready applications.
We've already held over 150 workshops with thousands of attendees in-person and online. In this time we've discovered ways to schedule the day, so it goes smoothly and efficiently. Regardless if you're in-person or participating with us online you'll have the full ability to replay things you missed, get your questions answered LIVE and interact with the teacher throughout the day.
- 10:00AMInstalling MongoDB & CRUD with the shell and GUI
- 10:30AMMongoDB and Node.js
- 11:00AMTesting and Connecting
- 11:30AMSchema or Schema-less
- 12:00PMLunch and Exercises
- 1:00PMORM and ODM
- 2:00PMInstall Mongoose, Convert App
- 2:30PMModel Data with the Mongo Way
- 3:00PMModal Schemas with Mongoose
- 3:30PMAdvance Querying
- 4:30PMWrapping Up
Interact with the Instructor - Online & In-Person
Is This Workshop for Me?
This workshop is for developers who want to build APIs with Node.js and MongoDB. If you have experience with other databases and want to learn MongoDB, this workshop is also perfect for you, too.
- Basic Node.js knowledge
- Basic knowledge of databases
One Full Day Workshop Session
Replay Videos (available immediately)
October 11, 2018 - 9:30am to 5:30pm Central US Time
Option 1: Attend online on our full HD live stream
Option 2: Attend in-person at HQ in Minneapolis, MN