RSVP to Attend Online
You're Registered to Attend Online!
This Workshop's Online Chatroom is Currently Open!
This workshop has ended. Check back soon for the recording!
You can watch a replay of this workshop!
By coding along with us in the Workshop, you'll:
- Learn how to convince your company/team to start using TypeScript, and 4 concrete risks you must keep an eye on in order to have a good outcome
- Get hands-on experience with 3 of Mike's "Type Design Patterns" that you won't find anywhere else
Your (Awesome) Instructor
Spend A Full Day Immersed in TypeScript with Mike North
Getting comfortable with declaration files, advanced generics, transforming types, and some of the more tricky "how do I type this weird thing?" issues can be a serious challenge. Particularly when dealing with a tool like TypeScript that introduces breaking changes every three months, keeping yourself and your team unblocked means learning to diagnose some problems quickly, and apply effective fixes or workarounds.
In this advanced workshop, you'll grow from being a contributor to a TypeScript codebase, to being on the path to becoming "the neighborhood expert". We'll spend most of our time building a sizeable full stack app together, and discuss various challenges we'll encounter along the way.
We've already held over 300 workshops with thousands of attendees in-person and online. In this time we've discovered ways to schedule the day, so it goes smoothly and efficiently. Regardless if you're in-person or participating with us online you'll have the full ability to replay things you missed, get your questions answered LIVE and interact with the teacher throughout the day.
- 9:30AMIntroduction & Project overview
- 9:45AMConverting a project from JS to TS
- 10:00AMType information in JSDoc comments, and "hybrid projects"
- 10:30AMModules and CJS/ES interop
- 11:00AMTools - who is responsible for what?
- 11:30AMDeclaration merging
- 12:00PMAmbient types declaration files
- 1:30PMThe adoption pitch
- 1:50PMTypeScript risks & weaknesses
- 2:15PMAdvanced generics
- 3:00PMMapped types, type queries, indexed access types and constrained index signatures
- 3:30PMBuilding our own utility types
- 5:00PMWrap up and recap
Interact with the Instructor
Is This Workshop for Me?
- TypeScript fundamentals v3 or equivalent experience
One Full Day Workshop Session
Replay Videos (available immediately)
June 10, 2021 - 9:00am to 4:00pm Pacific Daylight Time
Attend online on our full HD live stream