This workshop has already been published as a course!
By coding along with us in the Workshop, you'll:
- Use object-oriented programming to organize your code.
- Diagnose problems in your Python programs by understanding Exceptions.
- Work with new features in Python3 that make Python easier than ever, such as f-strings.
- Learn about generators, a Python feature that allows you to loop over large datasets in an efficient way.
- Learn how to build interactive APIs and websites efficiently using the Flask web framework.
Your (Awesome) Instructor
Spend A Full Day Immersed in Python With Nina Zakharenko
In this workshop, you’ll learn about how to get the most out of your programs with object-oriented Python and other advanced language features. By the end of the workshop, you’ll have the necessary skills to write a basic web application in the Flask web framework — including a back-end API and a front-end using templates.
We've already held over 150 workshops with thousands of attendees in-person and online. In this time we've discovered ways to schedule the day, so it goes smoothly and efficiently. Regardless if you're in-person or participating with us online you'll have the full ability to replay things you missed, get your questions answered LIVE and interact with the teacher throughout the day.
Interact with the Instructor - Online & In-Person
Is This Workshop for Me?
This workshop will take your basic Python skills to the next level. It’s an excellent foundation for deep diving into the skills you’ll need to explore more advanced aspects of Python — like web frameworks, data science, or machine learning.
- Ideally, students will have completed the Introduction to Python workshop.
- Have a thorough understanding of Python fundamentals.
- Know how to work with data types, use flow control such as if statements and loops, write functions and classes, and work with the standard library and pip packages.
One Full Day Workshop Session
Replay Videos (available immediately)
March 20, 2019 - 9:30am to 5:30pm Central US Time
Option 1: Attend online on our full HD live stream
Option 2: Attend in-person at HQ in Minneapolis, MN