This workshop has already been published as a course!
Responsive Web Design with Flexbox & CSS Grid, v2
By participating along with us in the workshop, you'll learn:
- Understand the Flexbox and Grid specifications, including common properties and values.
- Apply Flexbox and Grid to different layout problems, and understand their strengths and weaknesses.
- Review floats, and explain the best way to clear them - no hacks!
- Understand different strategies for responsive image management, and learn when to use each.
- Combine all of the techniques to create real-world web pages with semantic HTML and CSS layouts done right!
Spend A Full Day Immersed in Flexbox & CSS Grid with Jen Kramer
Page layouts are the heart of any website or application. The modern web has several choices for accomplishing layouts, each with their positive and negative characteristics. With plenty of exercises and practice, master the Flexbox and Grid specifications and responsive images, applying them to everyday page layouts.
We've already held over 300 workshops with thousands of attendees in-person and online. In this time we've discovered ways to schedule the day, so it goes smoothly and efficiently. Regardless if you're in-person or participating with us online you'll have the full ability to replay things you missed, get your questions answered LIVE and interact with the teacher throughout the day.
- 9:30AMIntroduction to the workshop
- 10:00AMIntroduction to Flexbox
- 11:00AMFlexbox as a grid system
- 11:45AMAbsolute and relative positioning explained
- 12:30PMLunch and start Flexbox exercises
- 1:30PMReview Flexbox layout exercises
- 2:00PMExploring navbar options with Flexbox
- 3:00PMExploring responsive image solutions
- 4:00PMWrapup and practice
- 9:30AMReview practice and Flexbox
- 10:00AMIntro to Grid
- 10:30AMGrid syntax
- 11:00AMGrid as a grid system in two dimensions
- 12:00PMOverlapping grid cells and layout
- 12:30PMLunch and start grid exercise
- 1:30PMReview grid exercise
- 2:00PMCard-based layouts with Grid and Flexbox
- 3:00PMPutting it all together - final exercise
Interact with the Instructor
Is This Workshop for Me?
Starting your web development journey? Or you've done this for a while, but you just hate CSS because it never makes sense to you? Jen Kramer specializes in explaining *why* something works, not just *how* to do it.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS required. If you have the background from the Frontend Masters Bootcamp, that will be enough to get you going with this workshop.
2 Full Day Workshop Sessions
Replay Videos (available immediately)
August 18 to 19, 2021 - 9:30am to 5:30pm Central Daylight Time
Attend online on our full HD live stream