RSVP to Attend Online
You're Registered to Attend Online!
This Workshop's Online Chatroom is Currently Open!
This workshop has ended. Check back soon for the recording!
You can watch a replay of this workshop!
Getting Started with CSS
By participating along with us in the workshop, you'll learn:
- Create a two-page website from scratch using HTML and CSS, no prior knowledge required
- Learn the basics of including CSS in your web pages and organizing your styles
- Understand how HTML and CSS work together to create meaningful, beautiful web pages
- Style text, images, navigation, headers, footers, and more, learning techniques that will carry into future CSS work.
Learn CSS the right way from the very beginning
Learn the basics of CSS by building your first website, including a home page and an inside page that link together. Learn CSS as you create your page, learning techniques that you will carry into future CSS work.
We've already held over 300 workshops with thousands of attendees in-person and online. In this time we've discovered ways to schedule the day, so it goes smoothly and efficiently. Regardless if you're in-person or participating with us online you'll have the full ability to replay things you missed, get your questions answered LIVE and interact with the teacher throughout the day.
- 9:30AMIntroduction, working in CodePen and VSCode
- 10:00AMStyling text and images in CodePen
- 11:00AMExercise: Styling text
- 11:30AMCreating horizontal and vertical navbars
- 12:30PMLunch and navbar exercises
- 1:30PMCreating a header with a navbar and making it responsive
- 2:30PMHeader and navbar exercise
- 3:00PMCreating a footer
- 3:30PMAssembling the final page in VSCode
- 4:00PMYou try it: Creating an inside page
- 4:30PMReview and wrapup
Interact with the Instructor
Is This Workshop for Me?
This workshop is oriented towards beginning beginners, who have little to no background in HTML or CSS. The course may move a little slowly for experienced developers, but the information presented will be relevant and applicable to modern day web development work.
If you are exploring web development as a career, or if you feel like you didn't get much out of HTML and CSS at your coding bootcamp, this is a great place to start learning CSS from the ground up.
- Prior working knowledge of HTML and/or CSS is nice, but not required.
- If you have time, you will find the HTML and CSS portions of the [Frontend Masters Bootcamp](https://frontendmasters.com/bootcamp) helpful background material.
- Understand how files and folders work.
- Patience, a willingness to ask questions, and an open mind to working with CSS!
One Full Day Workshop Session
Replay Videos (available immediately)
October 14, 2021 - 9:30am to 5:30pm Central Daylight Time
Attend online on our full HD live stream