This workshop has already been published as a course!
By coding along with us in the Workshop, you'll:
- Discover functional programming is and why it's useful
- Discover common idioms and practices for everyday coding
- Discover and recognize where to use abstract mathematical interfaces
- Discover separating program state from core logic for easy testing
- Discover concepts you can apply in languages like Haskell, Scala, and Clojure
Your (Awesome) Instructor
We'll start by learning new concepts through lecture, exercises, and games. Then we'll demonstrate step-by-step how to build an example web app using abstract interfaces like Monads, Functors, Monoids and Applicatives.
- 8:30AMLectures/exercises/games on basics of every day coding in Functional Programming Covers: referential transparency, higher order functions, currying, composition, recursion
- 11:30AMLectures/exercises/games on advanced constructs and patterns Covers: functors, applicatives, monads, monoids, lenses
- 2:30PMFull demo application exercise Covers: applying what we learned in the context of a real application
Interact with the Instructor - Online & In-Person
Is This Workshop for Me?
One Full Day Workshop Session
Replay Videos (available immediately)
May 9, 2014 - 9:30am to 5:30pm Central US Time
Option 1: Attend online on our full HD live stream
Option 2: Attend in-person at HQ in Minneapolis, MN