RSVP to Attend Online
Join in Person
You're Registered to Attend Online!
This Workshop's Online Chatroom is Currently Open!
This workshop has ended. Check back soon for the recording!
You can watch a replay of this workshop!
Full Stack for Front-End Engineers, v3
By participating along with us in the workshop, you'll learn:
- Become comfortable with the command line interface
- Understand the essential parts of server operations
- Learn how avoid common pitfalls when securing your server
- Learn how to choose the correct database
- Learn the how and why of Docker containers
Spend Two Full Days Immersed in Developer Operations with Jem Young
If you've ever wondered what it means to stand up a server or what all those obscure terms like "load balancer" or "reverse proxy" mean, this is the course for you. From understanding different types of databases to securing your web server, Jem Young will teach you the skills needed to work across the stack. Taught from the perspective of a fellow Frontend Engineer, this course gives the tools and knowledge to build a working web application from start to finish.
We've already held over 300 workshops with thousands of attendees in-person and online. In this time we've discovered ways to schedule the day, so it goes smoothly and efficiently. Regardless if you're in-person or participating with us online you'll have the full ability to replay things you missed, get your questions answered LIVE and interact with the teacher throughout the day.
- 9:45AMWhat does "Full Stack" mean
- 10:30AMCommand line
- 11:00AMHow does the internet work
- 11:30AMServers and the cloud
- 1:00PMConnecting your domain to your server
- 1:30PMSetting up your server
- 2:00PMApplication Servers
- 3:00PMStatic files
- 3:30PMVersion Control
- 9:45AMShell Scripting
- 11:00AMAll about HTTP
- 1:30PMLoad Balancers
- 2:30PMFinal Project
Interact with the Instructor - Online & In-Person
Is This Workshop for Me?
- Access to a Unix based terminal (Linux, OSX, or Windows Subsystem for Linux)
- Passing familiarity with the command line
- (Optional) Access to a credit card if you wish purchase a domain
2 Full Day Workshop Sessions
Replay Videos (available immediately)
March 8 to 9, 2023 - 9:30am to 5:30pm Central Standard Time
Option 1: Attend online on our full HD live stream
Option 2: Attend in-person at HQ in Minneapolis, MN