This workshop has already been published as a course!
UI Prototyping with FramerJS
By participating along with us in the workshop, you'll learn:
- Use Framer Studio to create native-feeling mobile app prototypes that run directly on your device
- Take control of not just the look and the functionality of your prototypes but also the way they feel and respond to users
- Make prototyping a seamless, first-class part of your design workflow whether you use Sketch, Photoshop or After Effects
- Explore expressive animation techniques including springs, curves and Framer's state machine
- Create dynamic, responsive user interfaces using concepts like velocity and modulation
- Build data-driven prototypes by integrating data from JSON APIs and Firebase
Your (Awesome) Instructor
Spend a Full Day Immersed With a Leading UI Prototyping with FramerJS Master
We've already held over 300 workshops with thousands of attendees in-person and online. In this time we've discovered ways to schedule the day, so it goes smoothly and efficiently. Regardless if you're in-person or participating with us online you'll have the full ability to replay things you missed, get your questions answered LIVE and interact with the teacher throughout the day.
- 8:30AMTech Check and Welcome
- 9:00AMIntro to prototyping, Framer.js and Framer Studio
- 9:30AMExamples and a look under the hood
- 9:45AMHands-on work time
- 10:00AMFramer fundamentals
- 10:30AMWorking with Framer
- 11:30AMAnimation workshop
- 12:00PMLunch and Hacking
- 1:00PMResponsive UI workshop
- 1:30PMHands-on work time
- 2:30PMData-driven prototyping workshop
- 3:00PMHands-on work time
- 4:00PMWrap it up
Interact with the Instructor - Online & In-Person
Is This Workshop for Me?
Framer is a tool for building animation and interaction prototypes with Coffeescript. This workshop is for designers who code, for front-end engineers who want to dive deeper into interaction design, and for anyone who works on web or mobile products who wants to supercharge their design workflow, iterate and experiment faster with prototypes.
- Before the workshop, please take a few minutes to download and install the free trial of Framer Studio and sign up for a free Firebase account
- Important: A mac is required to run Framer Studio. You'll need a mac to participate in this workshop.
One Full Day Workshop Session
Replay Videos (available immediately)
February 20, 2015 - 9:30am to 5:30pm Central Standard Time
Option 1: Attend online on our full HD live stream
Option 2: Attend in-person at HQ in Minneapolis, MN