RSVP to Attend Online
Join in Person
You're Registered to Attend Online!
This Workshop's Online Chatroom is Currently Open!
This workshop has ended. Check back soon for the recording!
You can watch a replay of this workshop!
By participating along with us in the workshop, you'll learn:
- Keep unauthorized users out of your web application by implementing Firebase authentication.
- Implement real-time application functionality using Cloud Firestore.
- Keep data safe by implementing security rules in Firebase.
- Build sophisticated UIs on top of Firebase.
- Upload binary content like images and videos to Cloud Storage.
- Connect Firebase to existing state management stores like Redux.
- Solve for features not available on the client-side by implementing Firebase Cloud Functions.
Spend the Day Immersed in Firebase with David East
Sometimes you have an excellent idea for an application and want to get it out to the world as quickly as possible. Your time is better spent working on what makes the application special than it is on configuring and securing servers. Firebase lets you grab critically important — and dreadfully tedious to implement — components like authentication, file storage, cloud functions, and a real-time database off the shelf to get you moving quickly on a world-class cloud infrastructure.
We've already held over 300 workshops with thousands of attendees in-person and online. In this time we've discovered ways to schedule the day, so it goes smoothly and efficiently. Regardless if you're in-person or participating with us online you'll have the full ability to replay things you missed, get your questions answered LIVE and interact with the teacher throughout the day.
- 9:45AMThe Firebase Ecosystem
- 10:00AMSetting up a web Firebase project
- 11:00AMCloud Firestore - Working with data
- 1:00PMFirebase Authentication - User management
- 1:45PMSecuring Your Data
- 3:00PMFirebase and Redux
- 3:45PMCloud Functions - Serverless triggers and server-side rendering
- 4:45PMCloud Storage – Uploading files to buckets
Interact with the Instructor - Online & In-Person
Is This Workshop for Me?
This workshop is for anyone who wants to learn how to build small languages to solve everyday problems.
- Experience with Redux is recommended, but not required
One Full Day Workshop Session
Replay Videos (available immediately)
May 31, 2022 - 9:30am to 5:30pm Central Daylight Time
Option 1: Attend online on our full HD live stream
Option 2: Attend in-person at HQ in Minneapolis, MN