This workshop has already been published as a course!
Enterprise Architecture Patterns (feat. TypeScript)
By coding along with us in the Workshop, you'll:
- Learn to identify the core components of application complexity
- Learn how to manage complexity at the local, feature, and application level
- Learn how identify and fix the three most problematic mistakes in code
- Learn how to reduce everything you do as a programmer into four basic elements
- Learn how organize complexity through abstraction
- Learn how to reduce coupling while increasing cohesion
- Learn how the fifth programmtic element comes into play and how to manage it
- Learn how to apply event-based systems to manage distributed complexity
Your (Awesome) Instructor
Spend A Full Day Immersed in Enterprise Architecture Patterns with Lukas Ruebbelke
When building large-scale applications, the temptation is to think that we need large-scale techniques to get the job done. In reality, the antidote for software complexity is the pragmatic application of first-principles to achieve an appropriate level of simplicity. We will demonstrate these principles by working through a series of tightly controlled examples in TypeScript as we start to incrementally build towards something much bigger. By the time we are finished, you will have a mental framework that you can use to approach non-trivial application development at any size.
The patterns discussed in this workshop are framework agnostic, and most of them can be applied in any language, especially if they are asynchronous in nature. To maximize the applicability for frontend developers, we will be working with TypeScript as it is an excellent language for communicating timeless architecture concepts.
We've already held over 300 workshops with thousands of attendees in-person and online. In this time we've discovered ways to schedule the day, so it goes smoothly and efficiently. Regardless if you're in-person or participating with us online you'll have the full ability to replay things you missed, get your questions answered LIVE and interact with the teacher throughout the day.
- 10:00AMManaging Complexity
- 10:30AMLocal Complexity
- 11:00AMThe Axis of Evil™
- 1:00PMFeature Complexity
- 1:30PMThe Four Elements of Programming
- 3:00PMApplication Complexity
- 4:00PMThe Fifth Element of Programming
- 4:30PMGrand Finale with Distributed Complexity
Interact with the Instructor - Online & In-Person
Is This Workshop for Me?
- Familiarity with ES6 and TypeScript is helpful
- Must have the latest version of Node.js installed
One Full Day Workshop Session
Replay Videos (available immediately)
November 12, 2020 - 9:30am to 5:30pm Central Standard Time
Option 1: Attend online on our full HD live stream
Option 2: Attend in-person at HQ in Minneapolis, MN