This workshop has already been published as a course!
By participating along with us in the workshop, you'll learn:
- Bootstrapping new dev workstations
- Program Config management (vimrc, bashrc/zshrc)
- Benefits and strategies with window managers
- Terminal Upleveling
- Better git management / tool exploration
- Basic Linux Core Utils
Your (Awesome) Instructor
Spend A Full Day Immersed in Developer Productivity with ThePrimeagen
A course designed to address a better developer experience. Many of us simply open vscode and don't know any of the software and tricks to make our life better, to learn more about our OS, and ultimately become a better developer.
We've already held over 300 workshops with thousands of attendees in-person and online. In this time we've discovered ways to schedule the day, so it goes smoothly and efficiently. Regardless if you're in-person or participating with us online you'll have the full ability to replay things you missed, get your questions answered LIVE and interact with the teacher throughout the day.
- 9:30AMIntroduction. What is developer productivity? Who am I? Is it worth it?
- 10:00AMWindow Managers. Theory and practice.
- 10:30AMBetter terminal management. Tmux - Why use it and how to create it into your own experience.
- 12:30PMSome basics on Linux Core Utils and other great tools.
- 1:30PMGit worktrees - How they work and why they can be awesome.
- 2:00PMSome of my favorite productivity plugins
- 3:00PMDotfile management! There are a shocking amount of options here! What I use.
Interact with the Instructor
Is This Workshop for Me?
Anyone who has desired a better developer experience. I am never satisified with ok, I want the best developer workflow and continually tweek it to be what I want.
- Basic command line proficiency.
- Unix environment. WSL2 for Windows, MacOS, or Linux flavor of your choice. - If WSL2 is out of the question, there is still some of this that will be beneficial. Specifically around git and ansible.
One Full Day Workshop Session
Replay Videos (available immediately)
September 16, 2021 - 9:30am to 5:30pm Central Daylight Time
Attend online on our full HD live stream