This workshop has already been published as a course!
Design Systems with Storybook & React
By participating along with us in the workshop, you'll learn:
- Foundational knowledge of what a design system is, who's building them, and the benefits and drawbacks
- Learn foundational design skills like color theory, typography, and spacing to build a design kit in Figma
- Build accessible, reusable components with React and styled components
- Add micro-interactions to our component with React Spring
- Document our component with Storybook
- Learn tools and resources for scaling your design system
Spend a Full Day Immersed in Design Systems with Emma Wedekind
Design systems are a hot topic in the world of development and all of the big companies are building one. But what is a design system and how do you build one? In this workshop we'll dive into the foundational theory of design systems and build pieces of one from start to finish. We'll build a design system by designing, developing, documenting, and deploying several components.
We've already held over 300 workshops with thousands of attendees in-person and online. In this time we've discovered ways to schedule the day, so it goes smoothly and efficiently. Regardless if you're in-person or participating with us online you'll have the full ability to replay things you missed, get your questions answered LIVE and interact with the teacher throughout the day.
- 10:00AMFoundation Of Design Systems
- 10:30AMFoundation Of Design
- 11:00AMDesigning components with Figma
- 1:00PMDeveloping re-usable components with React styled components
- 2:00PMAnimating components with React Spring
- 3:00PMDocumenting components with Storybook
- 4:00PMTools & resources
- 4:15PMWrap up
Interact with the Instructor - Online & In-Person
Is This Workshop for Me?
Those with at least one year of experience with basic React and CSS will gain knowledge on the start to finish process of building a design system.
- React basics (i.e. Hooks)
- CSS basics
One Full Day Workshop Session
Replay Videos (available immediately)
March 12, 2020 - 9:30am to 5:30pm Central Daylight Time
Option 1: Attend online on our full HD live stream
Option 2: Attend in-person at HQ in Minneapolis, MN