This workshop has already been published as a course!
Motion Design with CSS: Master the Principles
By coding along with us in the Workshop, you'll:
- Master the secrets of CSS transitions and animations
- Fire events with animation event handlers
- Learn the four ways to put animation to work enhancing your site today
- Build performant animations and troubleshoot less performant ones
- Use cutting edge browser tools to inspect and refine animations
Your (Awesome) Instructor
Spend a Full Day Immersed With a Leading CSS Animation Master
A full day workshop with Rachel Nabors that will have you mastering CSS animations and transitions, the principles of UI animation, performance, and more." Animating DOM elements is crucial to developing interactive designs and interfaces, and CSS is one of the most performant ways to animate today. This workshop gives attendees the future-facing tools they need to do just that. Rich with fun example code, demonstrations, and lectures, there's a great mix here for people of all learning styles. Come join Rachel Nabors and master the tools you need to set your ideas in motion!
The workshop kicks off by covering a lot of ground with CSS animations and transitions. Fun exercises reveal powerful yet obscure CSS properties to help you master not just the basics but also advanced animation. Then we take a look at the science behind animation and the human brain to see how it can help improve our interfaces and designs. We learn four ways we can apply animation to an interaction and dissect real world examples.
- 8:30AMTech Check and Hello
- 9:15AMCSS Transitions
- 10:15AMCSS Animations
- 11:15AMAnimation in Design
- 1:00PMStateful Animation
Interact with the Instructor - Online & In-Person
Is This Workshop for Me?
- Ideally, participants should be comfortable editing CSS and using jQuery
One Full Day Workshop Session
Replay Videos (available immediately)
April 21, 2016 - 9:30am to 5:30pm Central US Time
Option 1: Attend online on our full HD live stream
Option 2: Attend in-person at HQ in Minneapolis, MN