This workshop has already been published as a course!
Complete Intro to Linux and the Command Line
By participating along with us in the workshop, you'll learn:
- Demystify the command line and learn how to be pro with nothing but a terminal and keyboard at your fingertips
- Learn Linux from a low level so that you can run and manage your own copy of the world's most-used operating system
- Glean the tips and tricks of the trade from an industry veteran who has been using Linux his entire career
- Discover new ways of using bash that you never knew, making you more effective and be able to work faster
- Have a lot of fun! Linux and the command line are two of the most fun tools in the trade
Your (Awesome) Instructor
Spend Two Full Days Immersed in Linux and the Command Line with Brian Holt
The command line with Linux is one of the most productive tools you can have in your toolbox. Many developers find these tools to be intimidating and don't know where to get started but in this course we'll take you from beginning to competent in the span of a workshop. Come learn how to bend the bits to your will in this workshop!
We've already held over 300 workshops with thousands of attendees in-person and online. In this time we've discovered ways to schedule the day, so it goes smoothly and efficiently. Regardless if you're in-person or participating with us online you'll have the full ability to replay things you missed, get your questions answered LIVE and interact with the teacher throughout the day.
- 10:00AMAnatomy of a Command
- 11:00AMTricks of the CLI
- 2:30PMLinux File System
- 3:00PMWild Cards and Replacements
- 3:30PMStreams and Pipes
- 9:30AMUsers, Groups, and Permissions
- 1:00PMBackground / Foreground
- 2:00PMCron Jobs
- 2:30PMPackage Managers
- 3:00PMCustomizing Your Shell
Interact with the Instructor
Is This Workshop for Me?
This course is for everyone. If you have ever wanted to learn the command line but didn't know how, this is for you. No prior experience is required but even those comfortable with the command line will learn some tricsk too.
- A computer with Windows 10, macOS, or Linux
- If you have Windows 10 Home Edition, please install Virtualbox at https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
- If you have Windows 10 Pro, Linux, or macOS, Virtualbox is not required
- For Windows 10 or macOS, please install Multipass at https://multipass.run/
- If you need more instructions, see https://btholt.github.io/complete-intro-to-linux-and-the-cli/lets-run-linux
2 Full Day Workshop Sessions
Replay Videos (available immediately)
June 30 to July 1, 2020 - 9:30am to 5:30pm Central Daylight Time
Attend online on our full HD live stream