This workshop has already been published as a course!
Complete Intro to Databases
By coding along with us in the Workshop, you'll:
- Become familiar with the popularly-paired-with database for Node.js, MongoDB!
- Learn the mystic craft of SQL when writing your first queries for PostgreSQL!
- Answer the time old question of how many degrees is an actress or actor separated from Kevin Bacon with the graph database Neo4j!
- Familiarize yourself with caching techniques with the key-value store Redis!
Your (Awesome) Instructor
Spend Two Full Days Immersed in Databases with Brian Holt
Databases can seem like big, insurmountable obstacles when learning more backend coding. Furthermore it can be a big struggle to choose which one best fits whatever problem you're trying to solve. In this course learn to insert, read, and update records across four of the most popular open source databases like MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Neo4j, and Redis.
We've already held over 300 workshops with thousands of attendees in-person and online. In this time we've discovered ways to schedule the day, so it goes smoothly and efficiently. Regardless if you're in-person or participating with us online you'll have the full ability to replay things you missed, get your questions answered LIVE and interact with the teacher throughout the day.
- 11:00AMNode.js with MongoDB
- 2:00PMNode.js with PostgreSQL
- 4:00PMNode.js with Neo4j
- 10:30AMNode.js with Redis
- 11:00AMWrap up
Interact with the Instructor
Is This Workshop for Me?
- A bit of CLI experience
- Containers experience helps but not required
- A bit of coding experience, Node.js experience a plus
2 Full Day Workshop Sessions
Replay Videos (available immediately)
October 21 to 22, 2020 - 9:30am to 5:30pm Central Daylight Time
Attend online on our full HD live stream