This workshop has already been published as a course!
Creative Coding in Canvas & WebGL
By coding along with us in the Workshop, you'll:
- Learn the process of generative art to create your own prints, installations, and web experiences.
- Learn how to draw graphics with the Canvas 2D API for games, data visualization, and other web experiences.
- Learn how to add rich animations and interactions to your web projects.
- Learn the basics of how to make 3D and WebGL experiences with ThreeJS.
- Learn how to write your own GLSL shaders to add unique and beautiful graphic animations to your web projects.
- Learn how to apply creative coding skills to real-world jobs, like in games, advertising, and installation artwork.
Learn graphics programming with Canvas and WebGL
We've already held over 300 workshops with thousands of attendees in-person and online. In this time we've discovered ways to schedule the day, so it goes smoothly and efficiently. Regardless if you're in-person or participating with us online you'll have the full ability to replay things you missed, get your questions answered LIVE and interact with the teacher throughout the day.
- 9:30AMIntroduction, Tools, and Coding Environment
- 10:00AMGenerative Art — Canvas 2D API Basics
- 10:30AMGenerative Art — Introducing Randomness
- 11:00AMMotion Graphics — Adding an Animation Loop
- 11:30AMMotion Graphics — Using Custom Motion Curves with Anime.js
- 1:00PMWebGL — Intro to ThreeJS
- 2:00PMWebGL — Animating Your First 3D Scene
- 3:00PMGLSL — Intro to Shaders
- 4:00PMGLSL — Integrating Custom Shaders into ThreeJS
- 5:00PMOpen Creative Coding, Creating a Canvas-Based Artwork
Interact with the Instructor - Online & In-Person
Is This Workshop for Me?
- Node 8+ and npm 5+ installed
- Chrome browser
- Terminal basics
- Node.js and npm basics
- Git and GitHub basics
- Chrome DevTools basics
- HTML/CSS basics
One Full Day Workshop Session
Replay Videos (available immediately)
October 25, 2018 - 9:30am to 5:30pm Central Daylight Time
Option 1: Attend online on our full HD live stream
Option 2: Attend in-person at HQ in Minneapolis, MN