This workshop has already been published as a course!
Building Web Applications with Vue 3
By participating along with us in the workshop, you'll learn:
- Learn how to consume APIs efficiently.
- Work with Nuxt and set up routing and config.
- Learn how to work with Nuxt both global and scoped styles.
- Create reusable components using the new Composition API, props and slots.
- Learn how to make pages of an application from dynamic data.
- Learn how to create custom validation for forms with Vuelidate.
- Learn how to use a Vuex store and plugins in Nuxt.
Your (Awesome) Instructor
Spend A Full-Day Immersed in Vue 3 with Sarah Drasner
If you’ve gotten your feet wet with the basics of Vue and want to start building out web applications with practical or fun use cases for practice, while covering some unique features, this course is for you. We’ll work on a few projects and include a variety of subjects while doing so, taking your basic knowledge of Vue to the next level.
We've already held over 300 workshops with thousands of attendees in-person and online. In this time we've discovered ways to schedule the day, so it goes smoothly and efficiently. Regardless if you're in-person or participating with us online you'll have the full ability to replay things you missed, get your questions answered LIVE and interact with the teacher throughout the day.
- 11:00AMWarm-up Project, Make a Game
- 12:00PMGo over config
- 12:30PMGlobal and Scoped Styles
- 1:00PMStart Building out Pages, go over Nuxt Layouts
- 2:30PMSet up a Vuex store
- 3:00PMCreate a dynamic page
- 4:00PMCreate a cart page and learn UUID
- 4:30PMAbstracting logic with the Vue 3 Composition API
- 5:30PMCreate a reusable component with slots
- 6:00PMValidate the form inputs
- 6:30PMDeployment and Wrapping Up
Interact with the Instructor
Is This Workshop for Me?
This workshop is for those that have learned the basics, and feel that they are beginning to have an understanding of Vue, but would like to get to an intermediate level by gaining hands-on experience building apps. This workshop is also for those who would like to learn how to build applications with Nuxt.
- You need to know what directives are, and how to use them in a template.
- You need to know the basics of methods, and ideally also computed and watchers.
- You need to know the very basics of what a Vuex store is.
One Full Day Workshop Session
Replay Videos (available immediately)
September 25, 2020 - 10:30am to 7:00pm Central Daylight Time
Attend online on our full HD live stream