RSVP to Attend Online
Join in Person
You're Registered to Attend Online!
This Workshop's Online Chatroom is Currently Open!
This workshop has ended. Check back soon for the recording!
You can watch a replay of this workshop!
Browser Data Storage
By participating along with us in the workshop, you'll learn:
- Store persistent data client-side for user experience
- Learn to use IndexedDB with promises for database storage
- Work with the file system to read and store files
- Know about your space quota and how to persist the data
- Manage cached resources for faster and offline access
Your (Awesome) Instructor
Spend A Full Day Immersed in Browser Data Storage with Maximiliano Firtman
With this workshop, you will learn how browser data storage works in a modern browser for websites, apps, and PWAs. We will focus on cross-browser usage for IndexedDB, Cache Storage, modern Cookies management, FileSystem Access, and Storage Management APIs. Using code challenges, you will understand the current state of client-side storage in every browser, their quotas and persistence, and how to work with databases and the local filesystem.
We've already held over 300 workshops with thousands of attendees in-person and online. In this time we've discovered ways to schedule the day, so it goes smoothly and efficiently. Regardless if you're in-person or participating with us online you'll have the full ability to replay things you missed, get your questions answered LIVE and interact with the teacher throughout the day.
- 10:00AMState of browser storage
- 10:30AMDebugging tools
- 11:00AMQuotas and persistance
- 1:00PMDatabases with IndexedDB
- 2:00PMManaging the browser's cache
- 3:00PMWorking with the file system
- 4:00PMBest Practices
Interact with the Instructor - Online & In-Person
Is This Workshop for Me?
One Full Day Workshop Session
Replay Videos (available immediately)
November 9, 2022 - 9:30am to 5:30pm Central Standard Time
Option 1: Attend online on our full HD live stream
Option 2: Attend in-person at HQ in Minneapolis, MN