RSVP to Attend Online
You're Registered to Attend Online!
This Workshop's Online Chatroom is Currently Open!
This workshop has ended. Check back soon for the recording!
You can watch a replay of this workshop!
AWS for Front-End Engineers, v2
By participating along with us in the workshop, you'll learn:
- You will learn how to build and deploy applications quickly with AWS.
- You’ll leverage AWS Cognito to handle user authentication and authorization.
- You’ll set up file storage using Amazon S3.
- You will persist data in DynamoDB.
- You’ll create APIs that make use of GraphQL.
- You will implement analytics that provides metrics around how your users are using your application.
- You will learn how to create application-specific users using IAM.
- You will deploy a web application to S3 and see it live on the web.
- You will globally distribute your application around the world with CloudFront, ensuring your users can load your application as quickly as possible.
- You will modify requests and responses as they pass through Cloudfront using Lambda@Edge.
Your (Awesome) Instructor
Learn how to take advantage of AWS' capabilities for building and deploying apps!
Learn to get your application deployed on the web so that your users in Sydney can enjoy the same amount of latency as those in Minneapolis or Kuala Lumpur. By coding along with Steve Kinney, you'll examine what AWS offers for front-end engineers— from storing and hosting client-side applications on S3, registering domains names and DNS with Route 53, deploying applications with AWS CLI, distributing applications with CloudFront's CDN, and much more!
Frontend Masters has already held over 100 workshops holding thousands attendees in-person and online. In this time we've discovered ways to schedule the day so it goes smoothly and efficiently. Regardless if you're in-person or participating with us online you'll have the full ability to replay things you missed, get your questions answered LIVE and interact with the teacher throughout the day.
- 9:45AMGetting Set Up with Libraries and IAM Roles
- 10:30AMSetting Up S3 Buckets
- 11:00AMCreating a Cloudfront Distribution
- 11:15AMUnderstanding CDNs
- 12:00PMDeploying to Cloudfront
- 12:20PMGenerating SSL Certificates
- 1:30PMSetting Up DNS with Route 53
- 2:00PMCustomizing CloudFront with Lambda@Edge
- 3:00PMWrapping Up
Interact with the Instructor
Is This Workshop for Me?
This workshop is for front-end engineers who want to learn how to leverage Amazon Web Services to deploy their applications on an enterprise-grade infrastructure.
- You will need an AWS account.
- You will need to be comfortable will the command line and have a modern version of Node.js installed.
- Some React knowledge is helpful, but not required.
One Full Day Workshop Session
Replay Videos (available immediately)
December 17, 2021 - 9:30am to 5:30pm Central Standard Time
Attend online on our full HD live stream