This workshop has already been published as a course!
Angular, Components and ES6
By coding along with us in the Workshop, you'll:
- Learn the different build systems for ES6 and how to choose
- Learn how to best organize code
- Learn how to use ES6 modules with Angular modules
- Learn how to use 3rd party libraries with ES6 modules
- Learn how to develop directives as components by building a dashboard with twitter data
- Learn how to create resusable dynamic components
- Learn how to test our components
Your (Awesome) Instructor
Spend a 2 Full Days Immersed With a Leading AngularJS with ES6 Master
In this class, we'll cover a number of concepts including:Intro into Component Architecture Web components are here to stay, and they bring with them a completely new way to build apps in the browser where everything is a resuable component. Angular 2 is moving in a direction to harness the power of directives for our apps instead of standalone controllers. Creating component-based directives will put you in a better postion to upgrade and embrace this direction today with angular 1.x.
We've already held over 300 workshops with thousands of attendees in-person and online. In this time we've discovered ways to schedule the day, so it goes smoothly and efficiently. Regardless if you're in-person or participating with us online you'll have the full ability to replay things you missed, get your questions answered LIVE and interact with the teacher throughout the day.
- 9:30AMComponents of a component
- 10:00AMHack (Create first component)
- 10:30AMTesting Components
- 11:00AMHack (write test for our component)
- 11:30AMHack (unit testing)
- 12:30PMIntro into component architecture
- 1:30PMIntro into bulding with ES6
- 2:00PMHack (creating a build system with Gulp and webpack)
- 2:30PMInstalling and using libraries
- 3:00PMHack (create blog app foundation)
- 9:30AMCreate Blog components
- 10:00AMHack (blog components)
- 10:30AMRouting and final touches
- 11:00AMHack (Routing and polish)
- 12:30PMAutomating components
- 1:00PMHack (create tasks to create components)
- 1:50PMCreating common components
- 2:00PMHack (create common component)
- 2:30PMCreating Admin components
Interact with the Instructor - Online & In-Person
Is This Workshop for Me?
This workshop is optimised for the devlopers with Angular experience who want to learn how to inegrate ES6 and a component-based architecture into their angular 1.x applications.
2 Full Day Workshop Sessions
Replay Videos (available immediately)
July 20 to 21, 2015 - 9:30am to 5:30pm Central Daylight Time
Option 1: Attend online on our full HD live stream
Option 2: Attend in-person at HQ in Minneapolis, MN