Editor's NotesJem teaches you the essentials for becoming a full-stack developer.
- ⠇Learn what it means to become a full-stack engineer, and get hands-on with setting up your own server to build and deploy web applications from scratch!
Editor's NotesLearn the basics of using four of the most popular open-source types of databases.
- ⠇In this course you'll learn the basics of using four of the most popular open-source types of databases: MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Neo4j, and Redis.
Editor's NotesLinux and the command line are essential skills for anyone who wants to be effective beyond writing application code.
- ⠇Gain powerful command-line skills, learn to use Ubuntu, quit VIM, handle package management, and write your own shell scripts!
Editor's NotesVIM is the universal editor on all Unix/Linux servers. Understanding the fundamentals will give you superpowers for managing servers and electrifying your developer productivity.
- ⠇Learn the basics of editing and navigation in VIM. You'll learn macros, registers, find, and replaces. Finally, edit your vimrc plugins along with quickfix lists.
Editor's NotesNow that you understand Node.js, building an API is a common use case and foundational for any back-end application.
- ⠇Use Express to build a REST API Design in Node.js – read and update from a Postgres database using Prisma and TypeScript.
Editor's NotesAmazon Web Services is the most popular cloud hosting solution. Learn to deploy single page and Node.js applications on AWS.
- ⠇Build an enterprise-grade deployment infrastructure on AWS using S3, Route 53, CloudFront, lambda@edge, and more!
Editor's NotesThe ability to bundle your environment into Docker allows new developers to get up and running quickly, as well as provides the ability to ship your code in a self-contained environment.
- ⠇Learn to create containers with Dockerfiles, run containers from Dockerhub, and learn best practices for front-end and Node.js code in containers.
Editor's NotesSQL is a skillset that has stood the test of time. Nearly all modern web applications use SQL, and this course teaches you to build real-world apps with the open-source PostgreSQL database.
- ⠇Using the popular PostgreSQL database, you'll learn to set up, model, and query your data through real-world projects.
Editor's NotesLearn about DevOps and decide if this approach is the right fit for your career.
- ⠇Take your first steps into DevOps guided from the perspective of a developer! Improve software teams’ ability to build and ship software reliably.
Editor's NotesThere are more options to go further below! Learn git in-depth, improve your productivity, learn to build real-time applications, go deeper into Node.js, and more!
- ⠇A deep dive into git, this course is for developers who use git and GitHub every day and want to learn the inner workings and use advanced techniques.
- ⠇Build a pro dev workflow to increase your developer productivity across multiple machines, projects, and technologies. Learn more!
- ⠇Learn basic password logins to using Google to log in. Then, use WebAuthn API and Passkeys to use FaceID and biometrics to make passwordless web apps!
- ⠇Learn to build apps where the client can push messages to the server and talk in real-time. Start today!
- ⠇Uncover the most challenging, yet most powerful features in server Node.js, to help you write and debug professional server code.
- ⠇Next.js is a complete full-stack framework built on top of React.js. Use Next.js to create basic blog websites up to full-blown, full-stack apps and APIs. Plus, learn new features like using the app router, server and client components, and server actions!
- ⠇Get a quick introduction to Go. Learn basic syntax like variables, constants, data types, and creating and importing packages. You’ll get hands-on with all the necessary features of Go to get up to speed with the language quickly!
- ⠇Learn Java, one of the most popular programming languages in the world, especially for enterprise applications! Learn object-oriented and functional programming techniques through hands-on coding challenges.
- ⠇As a TypeScript developer, expanding your skills with Rust can be a game-changer. Rust offers memory safety without a garbage collector, impressive performance, and a strong type system similar to TypeScript, but with even more robustness.
- ⠇Bend your mind with programming a fully unit tested CLI application in three TypeScript, Go, and Rust back-to-back!