Editor's NotesFunctional programming is a set of tools such as map/reduce/filter, pure functions, and immutability. These tools are sure to make you a more effective developer through composing pure functions together to write more predictable and bug-free code.
Editor's NotesState management is one of the most difficult problems in software engineering. State Machines and State Charts can be an amazing solution across a variety of environments.
Editor's NotesWhen a developer (including yourself) messes up git, which inevitably happens, someone on the team needs to know how to get you out of a pinch! Learn git deeply and never lose your work again.
- A deep dive into git, this course is for developers who use it every day and want to learn inner workings and use advanced techniques in git.
Editor's NotesWith Web Assembly the web browser becomes the universal compile target to run modules from any language and ship complex programs.
- Learn foundational, low-level programming such as binary, hexadecimal, array buffers, memory management, and unsigned integers. Use AssemblyScript to build and ship Web Assembly modules into your web apps!
- Learn functional programming concepts such as pure functions, currying, composition, functors, and monads, and see functional concepts in action in a real-world web app!
- Get hands on attacking and defending web applications. Defend Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) and Man-in-the-Middle attacks, secure 3rd party assets and more!
- Learn patterns to apply, such as Monoids, Monad Transformers, Free Monads, and Lenses. See functional programming in action!
- Service Workers enable websites to have new PWA capabilities like smart offline caching, background sync, and push notifications!